"Understanding is a two-way street." -Eleanor Roosevelt:

Another one of the reasons (there are many) I have made Evee and myself scarce around the mean streets of Vancouver:

There is a man with an adorable 1 year old puppy dog that Evee wants to tear to bits. The man stops by my gate because he likes to talk to a "pretty lady," while Evee drags me down steps, snarls, lunges, etc., etc., as soon as she sees the little dog. This behavior with this particular puppy has scared me to death a few times. 

She almost pulled me off my feet a couple of times and she almost bit the puppy once when I didn't have a good grip on the leash. My right hand/arm had almost zero strength and the waist leash has two bungees which make it difficult to keep her away from something if I'm not paying close attention. 

Anyway, I'm not dating, so it doesn't matter, but I think a man should ask a woman out on a proper date, instead of causing a lot of frustration and possible grief. I would be beside myself if Evee were to bite another dog and have to be put down. Not to mention how bad I would feel about the other dog. 

Besides, he spoke about the good old days and yet he seems to have no understanding of how to treat a woman, which is very, very typical. 




Comments