The Gut Brain Karen Connection

My feeds sometimes bring up people on a weightloss journey and sometimes bring up Karen's acting out. Have you heard of the gut brain connection? Karen's AND people with digestive problems come in all shapes and sizes. 

However, sometimes the Karen's are so over the top with the bad moods and horrible behavior, I'll wonder if they're on diet pills and diet soda. When someone on a weightloss journey shows up on my feed, I start thinking: oh no... oh no... oh no... The majority need a wake-up call from Dr. Now, because two years later they're still putting out content, loaded with excuses, about their weightloss journey and they weigh the same 300 plus pounds, give or take 5 to 10.

Childhood trauma can cause addiction to food and other things in order to avoid the deep emotional pain that can overwhelm us, at times. Eating, drugs, alcohol, shopping, sex and gambling can all be used self destructively. Overeating is self destructive; Drinking excessively is self destructive and cutting is self destructive. There is no shame in admitting to having a problem.

I'm in a recovery group for people with childhood trauma and I've never heard any of them speak about fat phobia, or how they love their curves, but I've heard many of them speak about their eating disorders and wanting to lose weight.

I saw the Victoria's Secret Karen targeting a black woman, then later found out she has a colostomy bag. Now, digestive problems run in my family and my grandmother had a colostomy bag, so I almost felt sorry for her.


Comments