“Where are you, my little gumbo of chicken? Your French fried shrimp is sizzling for you"  -Pepe Le Pew

But First Gumbo... Black Owned- Mumbo Gumbo I had to stop by one of my favorite black owned businesses for some vegan gumbo and red beans and rice- delicious! Walking to New Orleans
Naturally, I'm Still Breaking the Rules and Still Celebrating My 60th Birthday
A Partial List of My Transgressions:
• Wearing miniskirts after 40.
• Wearing graphic tees after 40.
• Wearing white before memorial day and after labor day.
• Having many birthday celebrations and starting two months early.
• Staying out all night.
If I don't quite make it all the way to my actual birthday, then I'm going to round up and say that I've made it to 60, because it's just the thing to do.
I'll never understand  people who spend 8 to 10 weeks climbing Everest, then say they didn't reach the summit because they were only a two hour climb away and had to turn back or die. Some insist on trying to summit Everest the following years, with missing toes, or even worse, missing feet, from frost bite. I just want to ask them: who hurt you?
I'm not comparing reaching my 60th birthday to summiting Everest, or any other mountain, for that matter. However, the only reason I've made it this far is my daughters. After my mom crossed over, I would have joined her, because I knew there would be little or no contact with my extended family at that point. She died 18 years ago. Now, I am happy with my after life here on this iffy planet, although last holiday season was one of the worst. I made it through that and can still say, I'm better than before- happier. These days, I only seem to have white girl problems. 
I've had to face ugly things about myself and this reminds me of when Pepe Le Pew looked up his nickname in the dictionary and found out he stinks- complete denial! Pepe Looks Up Pew in the Dictionary

Comments