• They All Seem to Love Tony Robbins

What is it about some of the latest women (and men) self help, self improvement gurus that makes me shiver?
They all seem exactly alike because of the following:
• using the same lingo and most of the  phrases were coined by the amazing, Iyanla Vanzant of Starting Over. It's particularly unpleasant, because these broads are white, privileged kypers, stealing from every culture and creed. I know the type, too, because they sometimes fly in the cheap seats and complain about the peasants while taking advantage of everything and everyone they can. Absolutely sickening. It's rare to see a person of color in their audiences.
• using upspeak (raising vocal tone at the end of a statement). Raising vocal tone at the end of a sentence is normally used when asking a question? You see what I did there? It must be really confusing for spanish speaking people, who are trying to learn English, when they come across that.
• spending hours on end podcasting that they can change your life and all you have to do is join, join, join, but mostly you have to pay thousands upon thousands of dollars. 
• speaking in vocal fry.
• wearing slouchy shirts tucked only in the front.
• wearing ball caps. 
• wearing ripped up holey jeans.
• sitting with one knee pulled up to the chest.
• targeting MLM people who are already sunk deep into BS, trying to peddle all the overpriced products the Mormons are putting out there.
• fillers 
The book Girl, Wash Your Face, by Rachel Hollis was triggering for me, because when I was 9 and my brother died by suicide, I never wanted to get out of bed, so every morning my dad would bring me in a warm wash cloth. My abuser catered to me and it brought laughs from my siblings. 
My message to Rachel Hollis: Girl, watch your mouth. Saying girl in that way is jive talk and you know it. Comparing yourself to Harriet Tubman is a sick joke and Still I Rise (Maya Angelou) is plagiarism: She and the other copycat gurus that sound like minah birds got their material from Iyanla Vanzant of Starting Over. 

Tony Robbins 

Comments