Skip to main content
connecting the dots:
For me, it's not hard to get inside a MAGA head because I know what it's like to be taken in by a cuIt of personality. It happened to me when I was 14. I was in Ukiah, CA visiting my sister and her family and The People's Temple was in town. I saw Jim Jones, on TV, hugging all the black people, etc. and I was convinced of his sincerity. Four years later... Jonestown.
Right around the time of Jonestown, there was Rashneesh Purim, 161 miles from my home. Before this, there were the two naked, male hippies who drugged and I'm sure raped a dwarf woman after pushing her into the river, pulling her up from the bottom, then swimming her downstream.
So, I totally understand where MAGA and other cult/government indoctrinated people are coming from. However, I was 14–18 when all of this happened—just a kid, but I learned my lesson.
What will happen to MAGA when/if they ever learn their lesson? Will it be like the mass suicides of the Nazis, in 1945, after they realized that they were nothing more than hate filled cowards with absolutely no power?
I do not know, maybe they'll just continue to drink and/or drug themselves to death, marking a slow suicide and continued misery for those around them.
I will always be the "baby" in my family, with siblings and in-laws who choose to view me as a miserable failure, for a boost to their own fragile egos.
Lofty goals of mine were shot down by family and "friends," but now there is clapping in heaven and I am absolutely footloose and fancy free.
Comments
Post a Comment