Family Worship Center, Assemblies Of God Church:

I used to visit Family Worship Center, an Assemblies of God Church in Gresham, Or. OMG. I loved the pastor and his wife so much and they were so cute together.

He would mispronounce words and she would be like, please don't say it and of course he'd say it... wrong again. He always said YK2, instead of Y2K- always! 

He was always about self help and self improvement (never hell fire). She always lead worship and once he took over, only to totally screw it up. 🤣

I would often get carried away with ecstatic dance and Karen's would lay hands on me. Once, when a Karen layed her hand on me, I pushed it off.

I knew there was gossip. Sure enough the pastor's wife took the mike, once and had a talk with the congregation about gossip and back biting and how it needed to stop. I figured it was about me.

I was so sad when they retired. 😢 The church hired a horrible, horrible man from Texas. When I told people I'll never be back, they said I misunderstood. nope. He's evil and he's still there twenty something years later. He's despisable.

Comments